You pay the highest paycheck costs in exchange for the lowest deductible.
A medical plan that lets you decide where to receive care each time you need it. If you use a provider in the PPO network, you pay less for health services. If you receive care from a non-network provider, you pay a larger portion of the cost, and the cost itself is higher. Prescription drug coverage is provided through Express Scripts.
(1) Your payments to MDLIVE count toward the in-network deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums for the HSA and PPO medical plans.
(2) The plan covers bariatric surgery and some transplants if performed at a Blue Distinction Center.
(3) Certain high-tech radiology tests (CT scans and MRIs) require prior authorization except during a medical emergency. Authorization is not required for low resolution diagnostic services, including mammograms, sonograms, and x-rays.
(4) Other preventive exams and cancer screenings may have age and time limit restrictions. Review your medical plan details on the MyBMC Rewards website and select the Plan Documents tile.
(5) Your newborn is automatically covered under the plan for the first 31 days after the date of birth. If you wish to continue coverage for the newborn beyond that date, you must add the child to your medical coverage through the MyBMC Rewards website (select the Life Changes tab) within 31 days after the newborn’s date of birth.
(6) Additional plan authorization review required after 30 days.